The still moments just after the kids are tucked in...

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Day 29

Word count: 49, 185... with one day, one hour and a little over 5 minutes to go.

Ai ai ai... someone should remind me to be careful what I wish for. I have some serious writer's block going here. I have already written the ending, so now tonight I began to flesh out earlier scenes. This is, of course, infinitely more difficult than writing new scenes.

Out of sheer desperation, I have now added the story of Forseti, the Norse god who is said to reside on Helgoland. I have told the story through main character Louise to her grandchildren Sanne and Ivar. It ties in, but only very marginally... oh well. Experimentation is allowed. Please send me your positive thoughts tomorrow as I round off this marathon...I am going to need all the help I can get.

Picked up second-hand snow pants for the girls on my lunch break, and they love them. Pulled them right on over their jeans and danced around the house looking like the Michelin tire guy until dinner was ready. Maddy wanted to wear them to bed (no) and to school tomorrow (I don't think so). Sonia kept pointing to herself and saying "Sonia snowman!" Great entertainment for just a few euros! Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow!

No comments: