The still moments just after the kids are tucked in...

Monday, January 28, 2008

Actually...

So this evening at bedtime the girls were doing their ritual chatting before closing their eyes, and as I lay next to Sonia in the dark on her bunk, I participated in the following conversation.

Madelin: So, what kind of animal am I again?

me: In the Chinese astrology book?

Madelin: Yeah.

me: a rabbit.

Madelin: But I am also a scorpion, right?

me: yeah. In the other astrology book, you are a scorpion. Funny combination - a scorpion-rabbit. And Sonia is a lion-lamb.***

Sonia: But actually I am a giraffe.

Madelin: and I am actually a pink fluffy flying Webkinz horse.

Sonia: Yeah, me too.

And the two pink fluffy flying Webkinz horses fell fast asleep, impervious to the stars and the planets swirling around above their sweet heads.

*** Strictly speaking Sonia is a sheep, but she was not at all pleased with this and so we told her she was a sweet little lamb. She liked that a little better.

No comments: