The still moments just after the kids are tucked in...

Saturday, April 22, 2006

Red-Purple-Pink Saturday

An ante-nostalgic snapshot of the soon-to-be replaced trusty old red mailbox at the end of our street. All of the red mailboxes in the Netherlands are going to be replaced by orange mailboxes within a few weeks. Why? The mail service has changed hands (again). Why on earth the new management think spending a fortune on replacing perfectly good mailboxes is going to help their image, I don't know. But there you have it.












Directly translated from the Dutch, these are called 'blue grapes' - though clearly they are purple and not grapes at all. Anyone out there know what they are called in English?!















Yep. A pink weaver's house. Cheeky little thing, isn't it?
(Taken Thursday in Leiden from in front of the bakery where I bought a sandwich.)
















The ears! On Friday morning I met this lamb up the road from our house. She was kind enough to pose long enough for me to get my camera out and switched on. I suspect this cooperation was due to a vain hope of something yummy emerging from my bag.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey this is my house :-)

Anonymous said...

If only I could figure out how to log on, I would respond, too...

Anonymous said...

Dad is not the only one who checks this site. I love it. I miss you. Call me - Sister Jenni