The still moments just after the kids are tucked in...

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Day 22

Word count: 40, 271. ahem. That is precisely 3,597 words ahead of schedule...

hee hee. Shhh. Did a little stealth writing at the office today while nobody was lookin'. My guidebook says that is legal this week. I'll make up the time, trust me...

Man, does it feel good to have crossed the 40k mark...and man, does it feel good to have a pretty good idea where the story is going...and man oh man am I stiff and sore from all this typing. There are parts of my body I have given up for lost. (Sorry, just needed to whine a little. I don't want any of you to think this is a walk in the park, or anything...)

Came home to find the girls all dressed up in their "Zwarte Piet" suits, carrying burlap bags they had stitched with colorful ribbons and filled with little red paper packets containing two peppernuts each (our babysitter Ineke is so creative! Worth her weight in gold, truly)

Sonia likes 'kipples'. Asked Marten for more kipples at the table this evening. I had my hands full, and looked up to see Marten looking around at the various items on the table to see what Sonia was pointing to. Maddy laughed. "She means pickles, papa. She wants pickles."
Sonia smiled and nodded, "yeah, kipples. More kipples."
Best moment of the day.

No comments: