The still moments just after the kids are tucked in...

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Day 23 (and a half)

Word count: 41,776! Still out ahead by 1,768 words.

Yesterday (the 23rd), was another domestic marathon. Volunteered to help another mom glue amazing pieces of art into the scrapbooks of all fourty-something kindergarten kids. Continued my afternoon high on glue fumes, wrote my quota while Sonia slept, and rounded off the day at my dear colleague Alice's house for a very enjoyable Expertise Centre potluck in the Hague. My colleagues turn out to be really good cooks! Finally got to bed at 12:30, and any anecdotes about the kids I might have shared with you on the blog had, by that time, been erased from my memory by exhaustion helped along by two glasses of lovely red wine. Forgive me...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

like tumbler and tipsy days hopefully we will remain in high spirits. well, good day