The still moments just after the kids are tucked in...

Friday, November 04, 2005

Day 4

Word count: 6814, and I am feeling the burn now, folks. This is a literary marathon and I am a card-carrying couch potato. Nearly 11:00 on Friday evening after a busy day of teaching and mama-ing, and man oh man am I ready for bed.

I read through what I have so far and I will say this: it could be worse. I seem to be trying too hard to pack every sentence with telling detail, and my plot line so far resembles the dotted line left behind by adventuresome little Billy in the Family Circle cartoons. Nonetheless, I am still enjoying the euphoria-inducing waves of adrenaline released everytime I stop to remember that I am actually doing it. I am just doing it. Ha!

I am going to fall asleep now trusting that the seeds I am sowing this week may very well blossom into a coherent story in some way that I cannot now forsee. Maddy has already begun doing victory dances for me in the living room: "Mama is a winner, mama wrote a book, yay mama"... and Sonia bouncing along behind her echoing the key words. With cheerleaders like that, how could I possibly lose?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

best mortgage rates