The still moments just after the kids are tucked in...

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

NaNoWriMo

Incidentally, tomorrow is the first day of the NaNoWriMo, or, to the uninitiated - the Nationaly Novel Writing Month. I am going to participate in a kamikaze novel-writing marathon which entails writing 50,000 words in 30 days. Have done the preliminary preparation with handy bit of software called NewNovelist and am just going to go for it. Am exhilerated in the way one might be before attempting to set a time record for bungee-jumping. I expect the coming days to be similarly exciting, disorienting, tiring and punctuated by ups and downs. Will keep a record here of my progress - or should I say Jane Forsite's progress. Had to pick a user name on the site, and as my middle name Jane had been taken, I adopted the last name Forsite after the Friesian god who lives on Helgoland... good, eh?

No comments: